Ankur J. Goel represents health industry clients in significant compliance, False Claims Act, litigation and regulatory matters. Ankur works with a range of health industry clients. He represents health plans on issues arising under Medicare Advantage, Part D, and health insurance exchanges, as well as health care providers on a variety of complex enforcement, compliance, regulatory and litigation matters.
Before entering private practice, Ankur was a federal health care fraud prosecutor in the Attorney General’s Honors program and counsel to the US Senate Judiciary Committee, under then-Chairman Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
- Advises Medicare Advantage organizations on risk adjustment compliance obligations relating to risk adjustment data, and represents clients in administrative appeals of risk adjustment data validation audits
- Obtained dismissals, government declinations and settlements of multiple False Claims Act and qui tam investigations and lawsuits against Medicare Advantage organizations, hospitals, home health agencies and other providers
- Investigated, self-disclosed and resolved potential Anti-Kickback and Stark Law issues for multiple hospital systems
- Preserved a Medicare Advantage organization’s ability to continue serving certain service areas through an administrative appeal
- Chambers USA 2015 to 2016
- Legal 500 US 2016
- Super Lawyers 2014 to present
- Nightingale’s Healthcare News, named Outstanding Healthcare Fraud and Compliance Lawyers (2007), and Outstanding Healthcare Litigator (2008)
- District of Columbia Bar Association, former member board of governors
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice, National Advisory Council and former board member
- Harvard Law School, JD, 1989
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BS, 1986
- District of Columbia