Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC seeks a temporary development coordinator (August 2019-November 30, 2019)
Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC seeks a development coordinator to handle logistics for development-related events, corporate relations, and general administrative support to the development department. The position is a temporary (August 2019–November 30, 2019) contract position. Will require 32 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- American Courage Awards (ACA):
- Coordinate the organization’s primary fundraising event, the annual American Courage Awards reception.
- Be responsible for ensuring team members stay on track with timeline and deadlines.
- Follow-up with honorees, presenters and emcee to confirm participation and provide travel/logistical support as needed.
- Coordinate production of ACA program book and other collateral materials, including collecting photos and bios of speakers.
- Conduct sponsor follow-ups (send invoices, provide ad specs, secure logos etc.).
- Research and pursue new corporate sponsors for the event.
- Maintain sponsorship tracking sheet.
- Coordinate with venue and provide regular updates.
- Coordinate with designer and printer on invitations and other event collateral.
- Work closely with communications team
- Be familiar with Raiser’s Edge/donor databases
- Provide scheduling support for internal and external meeting relating to the event.
- Other Activities:
- Maintain accurate corporate contribution tracker
- Conduct prospect research on potential funding sources including corporations and law firms.
- Provide support for meetings with sponsors/prospective sponsors (i.e., create donor background documents, prepare meeting folders, assist with drafting formal requests etc.)
- Provide logistical, planning and follow-up support for all cultivation and fundraising events (i.e, briefings’, house parties etc.).
- Assist with other development tasks (i.e., direct mailing, etc.)
Educational and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience with conference coordination and/or event planning (experience in a nonprofit setting preferred).
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and balance competing assignments.
- Strong project and process management, including planning and coordinating skills.
- Strong administrative, computer and word processing skills.
- Collaborative work style with strong people skills.
- Knowledge/experience carrying-out website updates.
- Knowledge of social networking tools and applications.
- Experience in using Raiser’s Edge fundraising database strongly preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in Asian American, civil and human rights issues.
Send resume and cover letter to Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by facsimile to (202) 296-2318.
Advancing Justice | AAJC is an equal opportunity employer.