Manager, Digital Strategies
The position is primarily responsible for creating, building, and implementing an integrated digital communications strategy.
This position is primarily responsible for creating, building and implementing an integrated digital communications strategy that increases the organization’s impact to move policy goals, strengthen the organization’s brand, and raise the visibility of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
The Manager of Digital Strategies will support the overarching communications strategy through the development and implementation of digital plans that complement our traditional media outreach, increase our followers on social media; drive traffic to our website; build and grow our email list while compelling supporters to take online action; and strengthen our brand profile by increasing community advocacy engagement contacts and supporting donor communications efforts. The Manager of Digital Strategies will also be responsible for the creation and production of high-quality digital products and content, including graphics design, website copy, email content, eNewsletters, and blog posts.
In this role, the Manager of Digital Strategies is expected to increase Advancing Justice | AAJC’s digital reach and digitally activate supporters to take action on important federal policy issues impacting Asian Americans and other impacted communities. In addition, the Manager of Digital Strategies will find innovative ways to increase the social media savviness of the organization, including educating our staff and our partners of social media’s value in conducting advocacy work.
Duties And Responsibilities:
Organizational Leadership and Strategic Planning
- Act as thought partner to the Director, Strategic Communications on issues related to digital communications, online platforms, and analytics;
- Work closely with the Director, Strategic Communications to provide input for setting department budgets, program goals and strategies, advancing new ideas and innovation that align with our organizational mission and strategic plan;
- Collaborate with Director, Strategic Communications to develop an editorial content calendar to track opportunities, communications needs, and traditional or digital communications products across departments;
- Makes recommendations and implements website product improvements including feature enhancements;
- Work closely with the Executive Team and staff to share responsibility to spearhead cross-organizational initiatives amongst our internal divisions;
- Assist the Director of Strategic Communications with the development of content for all digital platforms, including the Advancing Justice | AAJC website, eNewsletters, blogs, social media, and email campaigns;
- Create regular, quality content across social media platforms, including social media posts and graphics;
- Draft content for emails and e-newsletters;
- Lead the capturing of photos and videos to share on online platforms;
- Support the development of multimedia projects such as PSAs, videos, and infographics;
- Ensure brand consistency for products and tools across the organization;
Online Platforms and Strategies
- Develop innovative digital approaches to boost visibility for online campaigns, create smart social media engagements, manage our channels and shape our web presence;
- Work with the development department to support their fundraising activities and events through design and implementation of digital fundraising campaigns via digital and social platforms;
- Support press strategies and media pitching through creative use of digital platforms
- Create and implement digital campaign strategies to promote policy and programmatic initiatives, field campaigns and community partners engagement;
- Update and maintain website and lead website redesign efforts; implement tactics that drive traffic to our website for original Advancing Justice | AAJC content;
- Increase email collection through online petitions, microsites and action centers, successful blog RSS feed, etc.;
- Keep current with the latest trends and technology and make recommendations to keep the organization's website and digital presence competitive.
Reporting and Tracking Metrics
- Track, analyze, and report on web metrics and donor/member data quarterly and as requested;
- Establishes SEO strategies and goals. Drives implementation and measures the advancement and results over time;
- Make recommendations for improving the efficiency of online efforts;
- Compile web, email, and social networking analytics and implement recommendations into quarterly, funding, and Board reports.
General AAJC Roles
- Live and exhibit the Core Values of Advancing Justice | AAJC, by contributing to an environment that promotes trust, teamwork, and transparency among staff, board, NAC, campaign cabinet, affiliates and community partners;
- Contribute to, establish and follow policies and procedures, including maintenance of confidentiality, to ensure that the principles of Advancing Justice | AAJC are implemented;
- Participate fully in, and lead decision-making processes. In addition, understand outcomes and be accountable for decisions made in, or affecting his/her area;
- Understand the values and principles of Advancing Justice | AAJC and apply them fully in work responsibilities;
- Participate in other activities, agency advocacy and serve on ad hoc committees as requested;
- Attend and contribute to Advancing Justice | AAJC and board of directors meetings.
Educational And Professional Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. Degree with emphasis in racial/social justice, marketing, communications, business, technology, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in digital organizing and fundraising communications, preferably in a non-profit or on a campaign.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM; PPC best practices; web analytics; and Internet marketing technologies.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Drupal 8
- Experience with SMS advocacy/messaging
- Knowledge of design programs: Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Piktochart (or similar) and others.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and apply sophisticated and well-tested communications skills to provide targeted and sustained outreach to diverse audiences.
- Ability to be both a team leader and a team player that works effectively with lawyers and other professionals and understands the importance of collaborative action and coalition partnerships.
- Proven capacity to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced or stressful environment, with demonstrated personal traits of sense of humor, maturity and grace under pressure.
- Adapt to changing priorities and balance competing assignments is necessary.
- Able to work in multi-cultural/multi-disciplinary coalitions.
- Willing to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Experience and knowledge in Asian American and/or civil and human rights issues. Knowledge of programming languages: HTML, SQL, PHP, and others. (Preferred, not required)
- Photography and video editing (Preferred, not required)
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send a cover letter, a resume, and writing sample to:
Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC
1620 L Street NW, Suite 1050
Washington, D.C. 20036
Advancing Justice | AAJC is an equal opportunity employer.