PrivacyJanuary 17, 2020
See our resources on privacy as part of our Telecommunications and Technology Community Resource Hub
In the digital age, our right to privacy is both a civil liberty and a civil right. Download these resources to learn why researchers, civil society organizations, and lawmakers are working to identify ways to legislate and regulate data privacy.
- Non-negotiables for strong privacy legislation (A collaboration with The National Consumers League, the NAACP, National Action Network, and Full Color Future - January 2020)
- Blog: Privacy in the Digital World: Breaches Underscore Need for Federal Action (July 2018)
- Blog: The Status of Privacy Legislation (September 2019)
In the era of big data collection, Asian Americans are particularly vulnerable to having their personal data divulged by data brokers. We are committed to pushing for a digital privacy regime that keeps the interests of our community in mind, such as making sure that limited English proficient individuals are able to understand terms of service and breach notifications.
- Letters to Congress in Support of Digital Privacy
- Comments to FTC in Support of Digital Privacy
- Comments to NTIA in Support of Privacy Regulations That Protect the Disenfranchised and Disconnected